Why Are We Interested In Neuroinclusive Hiring?
At the core of Mentra’s mission: we see and understand a problem in the neurodivergent community and want to activate the potential of every individual striving to find their place in the working world. As firm believers in the quote “nothing about us without us”, Mentra is run by a team of dedicated neurodivergents and advocates, a majority of whom are on the autism spectrum. The team knows first-hand how impactful it can be to encounter truly accessible experience, especially during the hiring process. Looking through the lens of a job seeker, Mentra is building a service with accessibility at its core; reducing barriers to enter the workforce and empowering our candidates to take agency in their career journeys. Mentra’s philosophy is that this mission-driven effort also has business benefits. By creating an accessible employment network, we’re able to reach and maintain a much broader user base. Inaccessible experiences fail to harness the immense potential of the internet as an equalizing force and exclude users who may have incredible value to add, deepening the “disability divide”. Neurodivergents and individuals with other forms of disability form a powerful community with unique strengths that should not be overlooked. The only way to overcome systemic barriers to inclusion in today’s tech-driven world is to build with accessibility in mind.
What Makes Our Company Neurodiverse Friendly?
- We are a neurodivergent team, and support each other as we build this neuroinclusive company from the ground up
- We have team events every few months (often fly everyone in person) to spend time with the other neurodivergents on our team
- We provide opportunities for all teammates to present ideas the team
- We encourage our teammates to seek mentorship from others and grow their skills
- We build trainings for external organizations, and also for our internal organization to grow as a neuroinclusive organization
- We have weekly organizational constitution sessions where teammates comes together to align on our values and goals
- We have events internally and in external organizations where teammates are invited to present and share their story
Open JobsSee All
Check back later to see what opportunities are available at Mentra!
Interview with a Mentra teammate
If selected for next steps, assigned with a task / project scope to think through
Second interview to Present Project with one or multiple teammates