Job PostingSenior Packaging Specialist at Nestle Purina PetCare
What will you do in this job?
We’re a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit and market share, but our associates dare to Stand Taller. We innovate new products, impart new agilities into existing processes, constantly advance pet nutrition, and always pay it forward in the form of service for our communities and families. Are you up for the dare?
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Your larger team – the Technical Services group – creates products, engineering, and technical solutions brought to life through collaboration and cross-functional teamwork. As a Packaging Specialist, you will provide leadership and support in the areas of packaging design, packaging development, operational capability, technical evaluations, training, etc. to meet divisional needs for packaging used to protect all of our products. This role will have an emphasis on sustainable packaging solutions, development of recyclable packaging, incorporation of post-consumer recycle solutions and solving internal and external infrastructure challenges. You will also have access to and become part of Nestlé’s worldwide packaging technology network.
- Conduct testing required to support packaging improvements and new packaging launches, including all sizing, filling and ship stability tests as required.
- Evaluate and test shipping supplies; make suggestions on improvements (i.e. pallets, slip sheets, void filler, stretch film, etc.).
- Conduct research and development of optimum packaging to better meet customer and consumers needs and wants.
- Work closely with Marketing, Purchasing, R&D, Finance, and Operations to assure proposed packaging is desirable from all points of view.
- Recommend new types of packaging and sources to management teams.
- Seek out new packaging technologies and coordinate all testing of alternate or new packaging, implementing solutions from initial concept to plants, engineering, operations scheduling, QA, pallet configuration and communication, and approval process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, packaging, engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of packaging experience in formats such as flexible, ridged, cartons, multi-wall bags, consumer products, industrial, pharmaceutical and/or medical devices.
- Willing and able to travel up to 40-50% of the time
- Packaging and Containers
- Industrial Engineering