Kamatics, a division of Kaman Corporation, has an exciting opportunity as a CNC Machinist IV, 2nd shift, at our Bloomfield, CT facility. Kamatics is a leader in the design and manufacturing of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications. This position is for 2nd shift and hours expected are 3:30 PM - 1:00 AM, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently set up, adjust, troubleshoot and check programming for numerically controlled machine tools (2 axis lathe / 3 axis mill) to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations. Must measure close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications/measurements.
- Setups involve familiarity with and understanding of program formats involving combinations of operations such as milling, boring, recessing, turning, drilling, threading, screw machine operation, etc., to the capacity of the machine and control factor
- Works from programs, operation sheets, and machine setup instructions
- Self-sufficient with material clamping methods, machine adjustments/offsets and console settings
- High School diploma/GED
- Minumum of 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Understands the use and inspection methods of GD&T constraints
- Proficient in use of shop math
- Works independently, no supervision
- Troubleshoots basic programming errors such as taper, chatter and chip control
- Proficient in setting up CNC machine
- Works to standard in jaw-cutting, bringing a part to size and inspecting a part for a first piece
- Has working knowledge of the relationship between federate and surface finish as well as surface speed to material type