We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Source Inspector to join our team in Bloomfield, CT. Kamatics, a division of Kaman Corporation, is a leader in the design and manufacturing of high technology mechanical products used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications. This is a first shift position. Hours are 6AM - 3:30PM - this includes one hour of mandatory overtime at the front end of shift for a required 45 hour week. OT pay is 1.5x the hourly rate for all hours in excess of 40 in a week. Power your career with an industry leader that powers the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date customer/industry certification and training for Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR) delegation.
- Prepare products and related paperwork for presentation to customer or source inspection as a DSQR for customers as well as interact with customers at source inspection when required.
- Ensure customer purchase order requirements have been met and authorize shipment of products.
- Support Internal, Operator and Process, and Customer Audits as required.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of various mechanical components and assemblies to close tolerance.
- Perform first piece and in-process inspection in assigned value stream.
- Identify defects in surface, dimensional, visual and non-conformities (material, documentation and workmanship) to blueprints and Kamatics’ quality standards. Report non-conformance of materials or unusual conditions to Quality Supervisor and cell leader.
- Use a variety of conventional and advanced inspection gages and devices to verify dimensions to drawing specifications.
- Follow work procedures.
- Maintain records, data and logs as necessary. Create inspection forms such as Inspection Method Sheets (IMS), first article and other related forms.
- Navigate computer files and software to acquire necessary items for inspection, verification, etc.
- Use software such as Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets to present data. Navigate customer online portals.
- Provide leadership/training as needed. Ensure that production schedules are met.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
- Make recommendations for improvements to work processes and procedures. Contribute to 5S programs in work area.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
- May be asked to work extended hours to support customer needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Participate in training/learning other positions. Accomplish related results as needed.