At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a(n) intern within PNC's Operational Excellence organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Brecksville; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Kalamazoo, MI; and Philadelphia.
Operational Excellence Undergraduate Intern
As a PNC Intern, you will participate in a "best-in-class" internship program. During this 10-week program you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a specific line of business, expand the tools you need to launch your career, and complement your education with real-world job experience.
The Operational Excellence Summer Internship Program will provide interns exposure to the full lifecycle of a particular line of business products and processes to best understand change and impact on the firm, its customers, and shareholders. As an Operational Excellence intern, you will gain exposure to PNC’s senior management, process mapping and design, root cause analysis and how to work on agile teams.
Interns will work on projects which analyze a current business process and the associated areas of opportunities to provide recommendations to streamline, minimize risk and improve processes. Interns will leverage skills in root cause analysis to understand where breakdowns may be present or gaps within a certain process exist. Additionally, interns can expect to gain a sufficient understanding of how operations function holistically across PNC.
Lines of Businesses represented throughout the Operational Excellence Summer Internship Program include:
- Asset Management Operations – The Asset Management Operations organization provides critical back-office functions that support our high and ultra-high net worth wealth management clients, as well as our institutional asset management clients. Asset Management Operations is focused on executing the Asset Management Group (AMG) strategy by delivering exceptional experiences to our clients with every interaction. Asset Management Operations works closely with our Fiduciary, Middle-Office, Risk and Technology teams to understand our clients’ servicing needs proactively communicating throughout the processing cycle and providing continued improvements to our services and systems.
- Commercial Lending Operations – Commercial Lending Operations and the Performance Improvement team delivers a differentiated experience for the Corporate & Institutional Banking (C&IB) lending clients through innovative technology and controlled processes. Commercial Lending Operations serves businesses with annual revenues between $5 million and $1 billion.
- Equipment Finance – Equipment Finance, a segment of C&IB, focuses on the specialized nature of the back-end technology and processes for Equipment Finance lending. Equipment Finance is a recognized leader in providing equipment financing solutions to clients throughout the U.S. and Canada. Equipment Finance helps manufacturers, distributors and vendors of capital equipment grow their businesses by providing their end-users with fast and efficient financing options.
- Retail Lending Operations – The Retail Lending operations teams support PNC’s lending product and credit functions in originating and servicing consumer loans, including loans falling into delinquency. These teams process transactions, manage key processes to high compliance standards, and drive analysis related to risk appetite, return growth, and business strategies. This business works to improve Retail Lending and Retail Lending Services processes that could include process design, risk/control mapping, root cause analysis and robotics process automation.
- Treasury Management Operations – Treasury Management, a segment of C&IB, helps clients optimize their cash flow processes by accelerating daily collections, streamlining their payable’s process and simplifying liquidity management all while protecting clients against fraud through a sophisticated technology product.
Opportunities in the Operational Excellence Summer Internship Program are primarily located in Pittsburgh; however additional locations may include Brecksville; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Kalamazoo, MI; and Philadelphia.
Learn more about PNC’s Summer Internships on www.pnc.jobs/students.
This position is primarily based in a PNC location. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities may be performed remotely, at manager’s discretion.
Participates as an intern in the PNC summer internship program.
- Performs or assist the core activities of the group by applying knowledge learned to drive business results (e.g., deal, sales, or process support, internal or external customer interaction, or supporting internal projects). Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
- Participates in social learning within the organization (e.g., identifies and networks with business representatives and peers, participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach).
Required Education and Experience:
- Working toward bachelor's degree, Preferred business relevant majors (e.g., Business Management, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Math, Statistics, Supply Chain & Logistics, Operations Management, Engineering & Computer Science), Junior status, Minimum GPA 3.0
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Information Capture – Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Initiative – Understanding of the value of self-motivation and initiative; ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Self-Directed Growth and Development – Understanding of the necessity of continuous personal growth; ability to gauge one's strengths, limitations and interests, and use of this knowledge for purposes of performance effectiveness and self-development.
Roles at this level are filled by recent university / college graduates with little or no professional experience, but possessing relevant skills. Includes individuals joining the organization through a Corporate development/ training program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.