The Marketing Manager is part of the Harvard Business Review, Ad Sales Marketing Team. The Ad Sales Marketing Team delivers a variety of advertising and sponsorship opportunities in diverse platforms centered around HBR’s content. The team is responsible for developing creative sponsorship/advertising offerings and manages the execution of the programs.
The Marketing Manager will assist the Marketing Director’s execution of HBR's webinars and events, content syndication programs, lead generation programs, the coordination of the print advertisement pipeline and will develop RFP (request for proposal) responses. The role will collaborate regularly with HBR’s global sales and marketing team. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, a strong communicator and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do
- Webinar and event support: The Marketing Manager will work with the Marketing Director to execute HBR’s webinars and events.
- Print pipeline: The Marketing Manager will support the Marketing Director on HBR magazine print pipeline with the sales team and internal stakeholders and will ensure the pipeline is up-to-date for weekly status meetings. The role will coordinate with the team on ad placements in the magazine and will manage timelines for creative deliverables.
- Lead Generation programs: Support the Marketing Director on the execution of HBR's lead gen programs and work with internal teams to ensure assets are created and approved by the client prior to launch. The role will work with lead gen team on audience filter requirements to ensure lead gen programs provide optimal results and monitor performance throughout the duration of the program.
- Content Syndication: Support the Marketing Director on the execution of HBR's content syndication programs by creating assets with internal teams for client approval. Once assets are approved, they will handle the launch of content syndication programs.
- Marketing materials: Responsible for maintaining/creating marketing materials for lead gen, print and content syndication products and updating media kit as necessary.
- RFPs: Through the RFP process, the Marketing Manager will develop proposals with our global ad sales team. This includes collaborating extensively with sales reps on producing ideas based on campaign objectives and proposal requirements. The process includes working within a finite deadline and communicating with the sales rep on the proposal creation and revisions.
What you’ll bring
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and capable of juggling multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Proofreading and business writing a plus
- Experience interfacing with clients a plus
- Prior RFP experience a plus
You’ll stand out if you have
- Experience with project management, media background, and working with Jira