Neurodiversity Hiring Program
The goal of the Neurodiversity Hiring Program is to build an inclusive hiring approach that recognizes and embraces the strengths of Neurodiverse candidates. Neurodiversity encompasses a wide range of cognitive differences, such as ADHD, autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia & dyscalculia.
Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of employees from every corner of the world. This opportunity will allow you to bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Technical Program Managers and Product Managers they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions. As a SWE, you are dedicated to design, development and testing of next-generation software which will empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Eligible for the Neurodiversity Hiring Program
Software Engineering IC2 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 - $151,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $100,300 - $165,400 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
- Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
- Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into his or her work processes.
- Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve his or her technical solutions.
- Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.
- Many of our Software Engineering roles have an ‘On-call’ responsibility which generally means that during a designated time period the employee must be available for a full 24 hours and may need to communicate with others during that time.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Educational resources
- Discounts on products and services
- Savings and investments
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect