This role has been posted by Melwood on behalf of a government agency. Due to project research requirements, a diagnosis of autism or autism spectrum disorder is a necessity for this role; Schedule A proof of disability.
The person hired for this posion will receive on-the-job training in assignments which are selected to help develop their knowledge of and skills in the Cybersecurity/IT field. Work and training assignments are cybersecurity and IT security focused in order to help the person in this role understand cybersecurity; this includes practical application of the principles, concepts, work processes, methods, techniques, regulations, reference materials, and procedures fundamental to the Information Security and Cybersecurity field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Duties/Responsibilities May Include (But are not limited to and may not include all of):
- Generates program source codes using various computer languages.
- Assists with hardware and software updates to systems.
- Assists in conducting vulnerability scans to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Assists with systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Assists with network monitoring and incident response analyzes and evaluates security log data.
- Assists in computer forensics analyses.
- Assists with network monitoring and incident response.
- Assists in gathering and preserving evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to data, system, and networks.
- Assists with researching new solutions for emerging cyber security threats.
- Ensures information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices are in compliance as they relate to the delivery of IT services.
- Works with others reviewing automated user processes.
- Participates in the analysis of courses of action, reviews source input and desired end results.
- Performs program documentation and assists in de-bugging and testing new systems.
- Observes computer forensics analyses.
- Observes the agency process to assist other agencies with assessing cyber-posture and risk mitigation.
- Observes and assists with public-facing cyber outreach and engagement.
- Conducts open-source research with minor supervision to provide real world use cases of emerging technologies.
- Provides research in a comprehensive format to supervisors and teammates.
- Plans, organizes, and accomplishes assignments under supervision.
- Supports the overall work of the oﬃce ensuring smooth operation, proper delivery of services, and eﬀective customer support.
- May resolve some recurring problems independently, rendering good judgments and decisions with prior approval or review by the supervisor.
- Assists with the software and systems engineering life cycle and process.
- Assists with data entry, and analysis and synthesis to written memos and reports.
- Work is evaluated in overall terms for general eﬀectiveness and successful achievement of
- Knowledge of basic principles, concepts and methodology of computer systems and programming functions in order to comprehend the relationships necessary to automate a work process.
- Ability to learn programming languages, equipment functions, and to apply such knowledge when performing assignments.
- Basic knowledge of general cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Ability to use cybersecurity knowledge and skills in a fluid, ever-changing environment.
Education and Experience:
Academic, training, certifications, or work experience in cybersecurity or IT related fields.
The work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. Some employees may occasionally be exposed to uncomfortable conditions in such places as research and production facilities. Some travel may be required.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and security clearance (non-critical/sensitive).