Microsoft Silicon Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (SCHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. SCHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate engineers to help achieve that mission. We are looking for a Senior Firmware Security Engineer to join our team!
The SCHIE Hardware (HW) Security team is responsible for the Secure Operations Centers (SoC) security firmware of Microsoft Platform Root of Trust Identity Protection (IP) and as a set of end-to-end platform security functionalities across the firmware and software stack to deliver a trusted platform from the edge to the cloud. We write new systems level code as well as integrate and extend open-source components, to deliver high security platform solutions to customers’ workloads.
- Bring new perspectives to improve the security capabilities of a trusted platform with a mindset focus on customer needs.
- Lead the design, and integration of new firmware functionality to support new Hardware Abstraction Layer capabilities to expose SoC Security capabilities.
- Implement new feature work, debug issues, and implement fixes, with high quality designs and code that satisfy the unique constraints of platform root of trust system environments.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization and inside Microsoft, as well as externally such as silicon partners, to deliver new functionality for customers that spans multiple layers in the Azure Cloud Infrastructure product stack and participate in product-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to Dev-Ops support and initiatives to maintain high reliability and availability of the Cloud Services meeting the platform security requirements defined by Microsoft
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to colleagues, including participating in code and design reviews.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience on Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and Firmware/Software (FW/SW) development.
- 4+ years of experience on Platform Root of Trust firmware solutions and architecture.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience on Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) certification processes and validation.
- Experience in Security Development Lifecycle methodologies and security incident response support.
- Experience in contributing or maintaining Open Source Software (OSS).
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#azurehwjobs #SCHIEMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.