The mission on the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team is to transform Azure customers into Azure fans. We are committed to customer success & growth through world-class customer engineering engagement and continuous product improvements.
The focus of our Azure CXP Engineering team is to build extensible platforms, connected customer experiences (CX), enable digital transformation, and improve customer outcomes. Our top-level objectives include winning customer satisfaction by providing the help they need and reducing customer pain points. Our team believes in living the core Microsoft values of Respect, Integrity and Accountability.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for delivering well-designed, scalable, and reliable software for large-scale projects. As part of this role, you will collaborate closely with multiple teams across Microsoft to deliver key customer solutions and the technology to support them.
You will be a meaningful part of a team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desire to learn and grow.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Produce extensible and maintainable designs and code.
- Optimize, debug, and refactor code to improve performance and maintainability, and effectiveness.
- Apply metrics to drive the quality and stability of code, as well as appropriate coding patterns and best practices.
- Apply debugging tools and examine logs, telemetry, and other methods to verify assumptions through writing and developing code proactively before issues occur and reactively as issues occur for products.
- Review code to assure it meets quality standards, is reliable and accurate, and is appropriate for the scale of the product/solution area.
- Mentor engineers
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience with distributed systems and cloud technology such as Azure or AWS
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience designing, implementing, and shipping high scale distributed web services using C# or Java
- Experience with distributed systems and a cloud technology stack such as Azure or AWS
- Reliable communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead by example and mentor others to produce extensible and maintainable code.
- Expertise in one or more web application dev frameworks like Angular, React, etc.
- A good working knowledge of agile software development methodologies and tools that enable these, such as GitHub, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Proficiency in computer science concepts including data structures, algorithms, and software design patterns.
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#CXPJobsMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.