Microsoft Cloud for Industry (MCI) is a key part of Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. MCI's role within this growth strategy is to enable Partners and foster the development of industry capabilities to grow our key horizontal services and solutions. We stay laser focused on driving Microsoft (MSFT) Cloud adoption and usage through driving engagement with prioritized industry partners. Our partners desire for a simple, easy & intuitive path to develop and deploy their well architected industry solutions on top of the Microsoft Cloud. This in addition to providing diversity of cutting-edge platforms and services also allows our partners to ship and support their solutions to their end customers with solid fundamentals - security, privacy, compliance; the same way MSFT core services do.
Here is your opportunity to join the Microsoft Cloud for Independent Software Vendors (ISV) team. We are establishing a new engineering team focused on building and shipping cross Cloud framework components and driving in-depth engagements with ISVs. There is a huge opportunity to stay focused and work closely with Azure, D365 and M365 organizations and make our ISV’s end to end journey (Plan, Build, Deploy and Manage) successful on the Microsoft Cloud.
You will be working collaboratively with the team to deliver required features, drive resolutions to complex customer reported issues that span across multiple services, work through competing priorities, solve complex technical challenges to meet business goals, and maintain live site availability. You will also get opportunities to demonstrate end to end ownership of features with quality first mindset and collaborate across diverse teams of engineers, program managers, and UX designers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that is passionate about making our ISVs successful on the Microsoft Cloud and desires to join a newly formed team with immense growth opportunities!
In this role you will:
- Utilize collaboration skills to partner with engineering teams across Azure.
- Research, architect, co-develop and deliver solutions in an agile development environment.
- Conduct extensive development and unit testing.
- Solve manual issues through automation and tooling improvements.
- Lead the project and deliverables mentoring your peers along the way.
- Experience using data to drive prioritization and measure progress
- Effectively leverage data to guide analysis and decision making
- OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience designing, developing, and operating large-scale internet-scale services
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Knowledge of designing, developing, and operating large scale internet-scale services
- Genuine interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge and experience to design for operability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences across disciplines, including peer engineers, product managers and management
- Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-payMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.