Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide.
Industrial Control Systems Engineers are integral to our mission, ensuring that our datacenter innovations operate seamlessly and efficiently. You will design bespoke control systems tailored to our datacenter applications and ensure their integration with other platforms, and be crucial in troubleshooting and refining these systems based on real-world feedback. A solid background in Electrical Engineering or Control Systems, a deep understanding of various control system platforms, and impeccable analytical skills are paramount for success in this role. If you're adept at turning theoretical knowledge into practical solutions, we encourage you to apply.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Design and develop control systems for datacenter applications.
- Collaborate with Innovation Technicians to integrate controls into industrial platforms.
- Ensure that control systems are reliable, efficient, and meet business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and optimize control systems based on performance feedback.
- Document and maintain control system specifications and designs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Graphic Design, Product Design, Visual Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 4+ years experience working in product or service design and/or shipping production code
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Graphic Design, Product Design, Visual Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 3+ years experience working in product or service design and/or shipping production code
- OR equivalent experience.
Candidates must meet Microsoft, customer and government security background screening requirements for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years after that while in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, or related field.
- Experience in designing and implementing control systems, especially for industrial applications.
- Familiarity with various control system tools and platforms.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
UX Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#COICCareersMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.