In Azure Specialized we are collaboratively working to bring the next generation of workloads to our Public Cloud platform. We work together across Microsoft to enable end to end new scenarios for Azure customers. Our team imagines and builds differentiating customer features and fundamental building blocks at the heart of the Azure platform working collaboratively with many industry partners.As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be critical in designing and delivering the next generations of AI training, AI inferencing, virtual desktop, video and gaming infrastructure for Azure. You will work across a wide spectrum of hardware architectures, network types and processor types. You will help define and deliver an end-to-end vertical view, with continuous focus on customer value, quality, performance and automation.This position involves deep technical work, focusing on defining, deploying and sustaining hardware and software Azure infrastructure for AI and other GPU-based workloads. The work for this position focuses on hardware/software interaction, coding and playing with next-gen hardware, end-to-end systems engineering anywhere in the infrastructure - from fiber networking, switches, gpu differentiation, rack design, cluster design and more. This position offers a unique opportunity to have a huge impact on customers and the world. It is an exciting time for the team as we are working on expanding the capacity and range of supported scenarios to support the next 100X growth. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Willing to dive deeply into any level or layer of a problem.
- Willing to learn emerging technologies, from hardware to software. Evaluate and make recommendations that advance Azure infrastructure for AI and other GPU-based workloads.
- Leads by example within the team by producing extensible and maintainable code. Optimizes, debugs, refactors, and reuses code to improve performance and maintainability, effectiveness, and return on investment (ROI). Applies metrics to drive the quality and stability of code, as well as appropriate coding patterns and best practices.
- Maintains communication with key partners across the Microsoft ecosystem of engineers. Ensures alignment with partners' expectations. Considers partner teams across organizations and their end goals for products to drive and achieve desirable user experiences and fitting dynamic needs of partners/customers through product development.
- Drives identification of dependencies and the development of design documents for a product, application, service, or platform.Creates, implements, optimizes, debugs, refactors, and reuses code to establish and improve performance and maintainability, effectiveness, and return on investment (ROI).
- Acts as a Designated Responsible Individual (DRI) and guides other engineers by developing and following the playbook, working on call to monitor system/product/service for degradation, downtime, or interruptions, alerting stakeholders about status and initiates actions to restore system/product/service for simple and complex problems when appropriate.
- Your mission will be to help ensure Azure platform is consistent on performance, can scale on-demand, and engineered to withstand the unparalleled computing demand from the customer workloads. You will help building a test-driven engineering culture to reduce regressions and bugs in production and will set a higher bar for infrastructure quality.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Design and Development
- 2+ years of experience in High Performance Computing (HPC) or Machine Learning
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI) Infrastructure, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) workloads, and Video processing for AI
Experience with Azure tools and large scale environment
- Customer facing experience
- Experience on Distributed Systems
- Experience on Co-Designing Hardware-Software
- Familiarity with Accelerators
- Experience on Profiling and Performance Analysis Tools
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#azurecorejobsMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.