Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and managers to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Senior Azure Architect with a background in Microsoft Azure and cloud product development (applications and data) who will be a valuable part of our team. This customer-facing position empowers customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
You will be delivering high-quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform. Demonstrating deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure services and offerings across the entire life cycle, together with a critical focus on technical governance, this is your chance to drive transformational results and enable the realisation of business strategy for both customers and Microsoft.
Your passion for creating solutions that bring value to our customers’ businesses and your professional, consultancy style approach will offer you the opportunity to get involved in a number of activities, including:
- Taking a central role in shaping solutions and architecture.
- Working with business stakeholders within our customers to identify requirements and influencing the approach and solutions.
- Working within the technical teams to design and implementation innovative solutions and products, providing guidance and decision making.
- Sharing knowledge and experience across the team.
- Leading a virtual team of your peers in best practices and preferred tools to facilitate consistent, high quality delivery across Microsoft Cloud for Industry (MCI)
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience architecting of applications to adopt Azure based cloud native technologies including Azure PaaS services, Kubernetes services, Azure Container Applications, Azure Databases for PostgreSQL, Azure Cache Redis, Application Gateways, Container Registry, Event Hub, and Apache Kafka offerings.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- A background of architecting complex solutions focused on Azure services and application migration and at enterprise scale, including:
- Designing cloud native solutions utilizing Web application frameworks, event driven architectures, microservices, Serverless Applications.
- Experience in architecting patterns spanning compute, relational databases, messaging and microservices.
- Proven understanding of Azure Well-Architected Framework and the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure.
- Regular involvement in presenting complex technical topics to both an executive and a technical audience.
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms.
- Experience in several complex product development or migration projects from on-prem to cloud platforms for enterprise customers.
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/v2/global/en/us-corporate-pay.html
#msftmci #msftmcijobsMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.