Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University graduates from every corner of the world. This opportunity will allow you to bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
As a UX Design intern, you will define specific product needs based on user insights; create and develop design concepts and specifications that optimize the emotional and functional experience of a product, software, device, or service; produce visual designs from concept through delivery and sustainment, and support interaction designs for hardware and/or software-based experiences. This opportunity will allow you to create and communicate compelling product stories and narratives for different audiences.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Contribute to visual designs from concept to delivery. Create wireframes, journey maps, user jobs and scenarios, task flows, and personas in support of interaction designs for hardware and/or software-based experiences
- Focus on end-to-end user experiences, empathizing and balancing experiences with business and technical tradeoffs.
- Contribute to broader design system, increasing its adoption and consistent usage.
- Drive cross-team collaboration with the world’s best UX researchers, program managers, product planners and developers from the early stages of planning through implementation.
- Research and analyze customer feedback for incorporation into product enhancements, new product designs, and overall design language and strategy.
- Produce and validate product design specifications and production requirements.
- Negotiate design solutions in relation to business goals.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field
- Have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
The base pay range for this internship is USD $5,090 - $10,120 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $6,690 - $11,030 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-payMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.