Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation Engineering (CO+IE) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($50 billion in FY23 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.We are looking for a Security Cloud Solutions Engineer to be part of a CO+I Security Systems Engineering (SSE) team. The Security Cloud Solutions Engineer will work closely with other internal and external teams to help build a reliable, stable, high performance, core infrastructure platform to hosting highly critical systems. The Security Cloud Solutions Engineer will partner across multiple efforts to develop and drive the overall design, development, and operational maturity of our core infrastructure environment.In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Perform administration and engineering for highly critical systems.
- Maintain large enterprise development, pre-production, and production environments in Azure.
- Guide internal teams to ensure success in migrating applications, software, and services following the principles of Azure Well-Architected Framework
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the Azure solutions architecture community.
- Identify potential improvements to the system or solution.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support 24x7 operations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 2+ years technical experience in software engineering, network engineering, service engineering, or systems engineering
OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 5+ years technical experience in software engineering, network engineering, service engineering, or systems engineering
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) technical experience working with large-scale cloud or distributed systems.
- Management Information Systems (MIS), or other industry or product specific Engineering Certifications.
- Experience with a physical security system (Ex. LenelS2, Software House, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of large-scale applications portfolio in an enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on-premises workload to the cloud, hybrid environments, multi-tenant environments)
Service Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#COICareers#COIEngCareers#COISecCareersMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.