Microsoft’s Cloud for Industry (MCI) organization is leading the engineering of products designed to meet the business needs of key industries like Sustainability, Retail, Manufacturing, Financial Services, and more. MCI has a partner-led strategy, with a focus on enabling ISVs (Independent Software Vendors), but also produces first-party products, open source offerings, and integrations of AI and data solutions with ISVs to enhance their offerings with Microsoft-owned platforms such as Azure OpenAI, Fabric, Dynamics365, Power, M365 and Teams.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our organization, specifically in the Industry Scale and Customer Engagement (ISCE) team. ISCE plays a horizonal role, spanning the industry product groups with the mission to increase scale and customer adoption. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will deliver critical solutions to our customers across the Microsoft Cloud – Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Azure, and Microsoft 365.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Work directly with customers to distill business value hypotheses into a concise list of requirements, objectives, and risks.
- Building solutions which delight our customers, inspiring them to invest more in their adoption of Microsoft products and services.
- Learn the customer’s processes, goals, and expectations— by listening, asking questions, and guiding the conversation.
- Drive the identification of dependencies and risks, and designs software engineering plans to reduce risks to quality, resilience, security, and the project schedule.
- Contribute to discussions about the architecture of products/solutions and contribute to proposals for architecture.
- Provide consultation to our System Integrator partners as they work on their own customer engagements with the same products and services.
- Lead by example by producing extensible and maintainable code. Optimize, debug, refactor, and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability, effectiveness, and return on investment (ROI).
- Embody our culture and values
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year (s) of experience in a customer-facing role (whether internal customers or external) like a Customer Support Engineer, Technical Program Manager, Solution Architect, or Consulting Software Engineer.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience with at least one (1) relational database system
- Experience with designing and delivering resilient, compliant, and secure application architectures
- Experience building and shipping production grade software or services
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-payMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.