Security represents the most critical priorities for our customers in a world awash in digital threats, regulatory scrutiny, and estate complexity. Microsoft Security aspires to make the world a safer place for all. We want to reshape security and empower every user, customer, and developer with a security cloud that protects them with end to end, simplified solutions. The Microsoft Security organization accelerates Microsoft’s mission and bold ambitions to ensure that our company and industry is securing digital technology platforms, devices, and clouds in our customers’ heterogeneous environments, as well as ensuring the security of our own internal estate. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy. We build and operate critical authentication, authorization and directory services that are used by the millions of Azure, Office 365, XBOX and Windows users worldwide. In the mobile-first cloud-first world, sign-in and sign-up is the front door for reliable end user experience to use any of Microsoft cloud services. We are looking for a Software Engineer II who will work with Azure AD. Azure AD hosts millions of tenants and billions of identities. It serves billions of requests per day in the stacks powering core authentication and programmability. The backend directory store is at the heart of Azure AD architecture. Our team is evolving the directory store platform to address the needs for the next decade. You will have an opportunity to work on the latest technologies in storage and distributed systems and apply innovative algorithms for solving problems at scale and high performance.Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Build and evolve a hyper-scale distributed service.
- Participate in all stages of product design and development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into global scale service issues and drive improvements to resiliency, latency, and product reliability.
- Champion improvements in the quality and stability of service fundamentals and promote engineering best practices.
- Demonstrate customer empathy, curiosity and willingness to question and learn, and participation in live site on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline AND 2+ years technical engineering experience with any object-oriented coding languages including, but not limited to C++, C#, Java or Python
- OR equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Master's degree or PHD in Computer Science or other related Technical Fields
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
- Technical reviews into networking, service design, operating systems and storage.
- Excellence in software engineering practices, including coding with a foundation in data structures, algorithms and testing, debugging and analytical skills
- Proficient in developing and debugging large scale and complex software systems that runs on millions of machines.
- Enjoy dealing with ambiguity and complexity in a collaborative and intellectually curious environment.
- Passionate to work on new cutting edge storage hardware technologies.
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#MSFTSecurityMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.