More than ever before, cloud services are transforming the way the world does business. As you’ve probably heard, Microsoft is committed to being cloud-first, and with several multi-billion dollar services already serving the needs of individuals and organizations all over the globe, the opportunity to shape the future has never been greater!
We are looking for Software Engineers to help design and implement scenarios for our customers. You would receive significant mentoring and coaching as you help prioritize and unblock work for our big government sovereign environments.
- With guidance, learns to create and implement code for a product, service, or feature reusing code as applicable. Writes and learns to create code that is extensible and maintainable. Learns about and applies diagnosability, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when the code is ready to be shared and delivered. Applies coding patterns and best practices to write code.
- Learns about and applies knowledge of debugging tools, logs, telemetry, and other methods to proactively flags issues before they occur and reactively flag issues as they occur for product features. Learns to conduct retrospective debugging of solutions to identify root causes of problems.
- Learns to review code and helps to review code of others to ensure it meets the team's and Microsoft's quality standards. Participates in code review processes for self-development, gathers feedback, and learns about coding standards and the team's features. Applies coding patterns and best practices.
- Collaborates with others to create a clear and articulated plan for testing and assuring quality of solutions. Helps to augment test cases and assures that features have good test coverage. Learns to integrate automation into testing during planning where applicable.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customer and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport, or other approved documents, or verified US government Clearance
- OR equivalent experience.
Software Engineering IC2 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 - $151,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $100,300 - $165,400 per year.
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-payMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.