The Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agent, Power BI), is fueled by organizations across the globe investing in low-code/no-code development models to accelerate their digital transformation ambitions.
Power Platform is a strategic new growth area for Microsoft, but more importantly, it is a disrupting technology. Power Platform gives “Citizen access” to a broad set of users in an enterprise, to create next generation business productivity software with a radically simplified development experience requiring minimal training. The platform will power the business applications and be the extensibility story for Office 365.
The Power Apps team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be at the forefront of this growth curve for low-code app developers. Within Power Apps, the Interface group is responsible for all the end user interface. The group owns the framework that enables modern and productive user experiences. These range from Copilot for business apps, individual controls, business process, forms, dashboards, grids, pages, commanding, control framework, collaboration, search, multi session, and more. These components enable App developers to build rich, productive, and customizable apps efficiently. We also work closely with many other groups across the Business Applications and Platform (BAP) organization.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- As a Senior Software Engineer in the Interface group, you will help build modern and intelligent UI experiences.
- You will help transform business apps using AI and provide users with intelligent insights and experiences to increase productivity and satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership: architecture, design, code reviews, development, quality assurance and live site support.
- Work with Program Management to influence business strategy.
- Build engagements with partners within Microsoft and external to bring innovation to new and existing products.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years building applications and services in the Cloud
- The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft background check.
- Experience with Enterprise cloud development experience with either Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with TypeScript, front-end technologies like Redux/React
- Experience building multi player distributed systems is a plus
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#DTPJOBSMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.