Are you passionate about building innovative solutions that contribute to a more sustainable world? Do you enjoy architecting and implementing customer centric solutions using novel ways, while seamlessly integrating diverse cloud services?
If you are a Senior Software Engineer seeking to play a pivotal role in a company’s mission to tackle complex challenges, spearhead sustainability focused innovation and join an exciting and rapidly growing “startup”, then you have found the perfect opportunity - Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability team is hiring!
In this position, you will experience every aspect of the software development life-cyclefor a large-scale commercial product and its accompanying services. Your role will involve overseeing the successful implementation of essential features that drive Microsoft cloud for sustainability suite of products. This team is responsible for a charter that is amongst the most dynamic and exciting across the industry, involving - big data scale, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Large Language Model (LLM) and real-time insights. The challenges you will tackle are as tough and groundbreaking as they come.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As an experienced member of the team, you will lead the way in shaping the design of vital components and features. You will have the opportunity to implement and test your designs and ideas, breathing life into them. You will use technologies such as Dataverse, Power Platform, Power BI, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Storage, Azure App Service, LLM, Open AI, Azure machine learning, DevOps, etc.
We believe in a culture of “Customer first”. Maintaining a well-functioning service is an important aspect of our professional environment.
What makes this job great?
- Exciting charter and numerous challenges left to be conquered.
- Huge addressable market opportunity.
- Startup culture.
- A collaborative and customer-focused team dedicated to pursuing the mission together.
- Abundant opportunities to directly collaborate with Customers and Partners.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and building high-scale cloud services and in Azure Cloud and related technologies
- Experience designing responsive and accessible user interface components
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience with Microsoft Dataverse & Power Platform, or other Dynamics 365 Apps, as well as Power BI
- Competent front-end development experience
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems, micro-services architectures
- Knowledge of stream data processing pipelines, as well as Spark and Python
- Proficient architecture, design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in big data processing
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-payMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.