Are you someone with passion for technology, engineering excellence and quality? Are you looking to work on world-class cloud services with a team of highly talented engineers? If so, Azure Data Services is the right place for you.
Azure Data provides customers and partners across U.S. Federal Civilian, Department of Defense (DoD), and Intelligence Community (IC) with data & analytics capabilities for critical national security and defense workloads. Some of best-known products are SQL Database, CosmosDB, HDInsight, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Databricks, SQL Datawarehouse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Cognitive Search, and the newly announced Azure Synapse Analytics. We are meeting the stringent needs of mission-critical applications run by our most demanding customers. The scale of the challenge is enormous; we have millions of databases serving billions of requests, over exabytes of storage, across most of the world. If you want to be part of one of the biggest data projects in the world, if you enjoy being customer-focused and enjoy problems of data analysis and thoughtful approaches to problem solving, join us.
Within Azure Data, the usage billing team builds the next-generation data platform for reliable ingestion, aggregation and processing of usage emitted at high volume by Microsoft services and submits to internal Commerce systems for an accurate and timely bill to customers. This is a mission critical service built for scale, compliance and data guarantees also leveraging our world class Azure Data real time messaging, streaming and analytics services to ensure critical billing usage data to flow into revenue for Microsoft.
Come join the newly formed Azure Usage Billing team to build the next-generation usage platform to report billing for all Azure services. Microsoft Azure is a fast-growing business. Azure provides customers an on-demand scalable platform to build, host and operate services through Microsoft global data centers with 200+ distinct capabilities available in 50+ regions. Our customers use different Azure services and are billed as per their usage of these services with different SKUs (Stock Keeping Unit)/offers. This is a rare opportunity to define and drive the new frontier of infrastructure to meet the demands of growing Azure usage and provide a unified, reliable, and accurate usage billing platform. This service offering will support the breadth of Azure offerings with additional capabilities for auditing, automated verification and reconciliation, analytics and much more!
On our team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, and encouraging each other to succeed. We strongly believe that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We value variety in perspectives and backgrounds and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
The individual we seek will have experience as a US Government security clearance holder and subject matter expertise in integrating U.S. Government requirements (with specialized experience within the DoD) and is responsible for the successful readiness and compliance efforts in support of our US Government cloud initiatives.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Software Engineer II.
As a Software Engineer II you will:
- Build out software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of your services.
- React to problems relating to mission critical services by analyzing telemetry, logs, and monitoring, to root cause issues and mitigate.
- Engage in improving service deployment and testing processes by pitching, designing, and implementing automated tools and solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers in the broader scope of the product to deliver solutions specifically for Azure Government / Secret cloud.
- Responsible for live site health of services and infrastructure supporting investments in Azure Government / Secret cloud with periodic on-call.
- Responsible for the execution & adherence of Software Engineering Standards for Data Archiving and retention
- Participate in project team activities and contribute to documentation requirements consistent with methodology
- Support team efforts in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Security Clearance Verification: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customers and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Experienced working with Azure/AWS/Google Cloud services.
- Experience with PowerShell OR automation experience is particularly advantageous.
- Knowledgeable deploying production grade software or services, including designing and implementing solutions for platform and application layer telemetry and monitoring.
- Database experience desirable but not required.
- Experience coordinating resources across diverse teams to restore service and maintain SLA’s, ITIL certification is preferred.
- Ability to analyze network and performance monitor traces, application performance problems, and windows application and crash-dump.
- Ability to conceptualize a distributed service, it’s dependencies and the transactional flow when troubleshooting across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems and have a great curiosity and willingness to question -Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
- Always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Communication skills are a key component of this role with audiences that include customers, peers and at times executive leadership.
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#AZDAT #ENGGJOBS #CTJMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.