Are you a passionate engineer who likes to work on the Intelligent Edge Platform that powers application delivery, acceleration, security, load management and Internet routing for Microsoft, LinkedIN, Azure and many more? Do you have an eye for details and enjoy solving challenging distributed, scale and availability problems at Internet scale? Do you want to dive into new focus areas such as intelligent edge and innovate on new Internet technologies?If yes, then join us as we are hiring a Senior Software Engineer in the Azure Front Door team. You will design and implement globally distributed, scalable and low latency services that offer application acceleration, and service protection to our critical crown jewels partners such as Office 365, Xbox, Azure services, LinkedIN and to Azure customers. You will collaborate closely within our team and other product teams at Microsoft to ensure we’re maximizing efficiency and deploying highly instrumented code to generate metrics across millions of requests/sec and records from thousands of servers located around the globe. You will embrace Open Source (both using and contributing), cross platform (Windows/Linux), and develop across languages (C/C++/C#).Our mission is to delight our customers by providing Layer 7 (L7) Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) level Content Delivery Network (CDN), Global Load balancing and Web Application Firewall (WAF) protection against Denial of Service (DoS) and other threats to enable them to maintain high availability and consistency for their workloads.In our work environment, you will find very friendly co-workers eager to welcome you to the team and help you along the way. We foster and reward collaboration as a key part of our culture and we look forward to meeting you!Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Design, implement, validate, and release software features to critical production components.
- Maintain scalable services with health monitoring to enable self-healing systems.
- Engage with teammates and partner teams to understand business needs to maximize impact.
- Provide technical, end-to-end ownership for projects on which you work.
- Innovate and Implement system to enable growth of scalable, critical, and global services.
- Drive our collaborative, inclusive and passionate team culture.
- OR equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Expert programming experience in one of C, RUST, C++, C# or Java.
- Drive for delivering high quality implementations and designs while also working on testing and operational aspects of the service as well.
- Experience in any of the following areas: Large scale web applications, L7 data plane, distributed control plane asynchronous programming models.
- Distributed networking experience.
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-payMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.