Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products at Microsoft to help advance Microsoft’s AI Platform? Are you excited about being part of a product group working with Microsoft researchers, data scientists and AI engineering teams to ensure success as they move forward with cloud computing in Azure? If so, then look no further than the AI Platform team. AI Platform is responsible for the Azure Machine Learning (Azure ML) and Cognitive Services products.
Azure ML is building the machine learning development platform that makes it easy for all data scientists and AI developers to create and deploy robust and highly scalable ML and AI solutions in the cloud using the best of the open-source ecosystem and innovation from inside the company along with the latest breakthroughs in research.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is dramatically transforming people’s work and life now, and Cognitive Services bring AI within reach of every developer—without requiring machine-learning expertise. All it takes is an API call to embed the ability to see, hear, speak, search, understand, and accelerate decision-making into your apps.
We are looking to hire an experienced and talented Software Engineer who is passionate about building scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud services for the Microsoft AI Platform. The team is building solutions targeted to data scientists and IT admins to enrich their target customers’ experience with the magic of AI.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. A great user experience is paramount to accomplishing this. Join our team and help us build the best AI Platform user experience for the world!
- World class benefits package including no cost health insurance premiums for you or your dependents
- 401k with company match, including the ability to contribute after-tax dollars
- Employee stock purchase program allowing for Microsoft stock to be purchased at a discount
- A work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
As a software engineer II on our team, you will participate in developing innovative solutions across AI Platform. Responsibilities include the following.
- Write concise and clean code with unit tests
- Design and build scalable, high-performance services that are highly reliable
- Ability to work across teams in a large organization
- Design and implement new features as well as add functionality to existing systems
- Investigate pre-production and production issues, implement and deploy fixes
- Participate in an on-call rotation (typically 24/7 for one week every 6-8 weeks)
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great collaborator
- Be passionate about making customers successful
- OR equivalent experience.
- Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with a polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customer and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport, or other approved documents, or verified US government Clearance
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience developing features and experiences for large-scale, customer-facing applications.
Software Engineering IC2 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 - $151,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $100,300 - $165,400 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#nsbe #aiplatformMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.