Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind building the Microsoft cloud. Within CO+I, the Datacenter Planning & eXecution Engineering (DPXE) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects with specific safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals. The DPX Engineering team is responsible for architecting, designing, and building the next generation of connected systems and tools using microservices architecture to help manage and support critical business functions such as Cost, Schedule, Networking, Commissioning, Procurement, Safety, Planning in a real time manner. The team has a charter to deliver against the NorthStar goal of building robust automation for these functions through well engineered systems and at the same time design and build the next gen, ML based, recommendation engine to enable cost and schedule modeling, supply planning, execution planning while integrating with the bigger CO+I ecosystem.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers innovative solutions to address the automation needs to scale our delivery capabilities. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to help our team deliver automation capabilities that power the long-range execution planning efforts, drive workflow improvements, and build solutions to assist in the delivery of large-scale data centers through efficient management of cost and schedule.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Lead a team of a team of experienced software engineers: Model, Coach, Care, grow, retain and acquire new talent; bring clarity, creating energy, and driving results.
- Explore new opportunities, engage with partners to define the next features, lead the architecture and design activities, improve service resilience and observability.
- Partner with stakeholders to define and solve large business problems at scale delivering value incrementally.
- Drive project through to delivery removing obstacles as needed to ensure success.
- Champion and drive improvements to team software engineering practices.
- Share learnings, code assets and engineering excellence-related recommendations with the CO+I engineering team.
- On occasion, be able to take ownership and write clean code.
- Enable complex system integration scenarios collaborating with other members of the team and external teams.
- Work with Product Group owners to drive improvements in the engineering platforms.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ year Systems Integration experience.
- 1+ year of people management experience.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- OR equivalent experience.
- · 2+ years people management experience.
Software Engineering M4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#COICareers#COIEngCareers#COIE_DPXEcareersMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.