Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind building the Microsoft cloud. Within CO+I, the Datacenter Planning & eXecution Engineering (DPXE) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects with specific safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals. The DPX Engineering team is responsible for architecting, designing, and building the next generation of connected systems and tools using microservices architecture to help manage and support critical business functions such as Cost, Schedule, Networking, Commissioning, Procurement, Safety, Planning in a real time manner. The team has a charter to deliver against the NorthStar goal of building robust automation for these functions through well engineered systems and at the same time design and build the next gen, ML based, recommendation engine to enable cost and schedule modeling, supply planning, execution planning while integrating with the bigger CO+I ecosystem.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers innovative solutions to address the automation needs to scale our delivery capabilities. We are looking for a Software Engineer II to help deliver automation capabilities that power the long-range execution planning efforts, drive workflow improvements, and build solutions to assist in the delivery of large-scale data centers through efficient management of cost and schedule.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Write high-quality, maintainable, reusable code following SOLID principles with test automation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and demonstrate features developed in an Agile environment.
- Resolve complex system integration challenges working across team boundaries.
- Share learnings and code assets developed with the CO+I engineering team.
- Leverage subject-matter expertise of product features and partners with appropriate stakeholders (e.g., project managers) to drive a workgroup's project plans, release plans, and work items.
- Act as a Designated Responsible Individual (DRI) and guides other engineers by developing and following the playbook, working on call to monitor system/product/service for degradation, downtime, or interruptions, alerting stakeholders about status and initiates actions to restore system/product/service for simple and complex problems when appropriate.
- Proactively seek new knowledge and adapts to new trends, technical solutions, and patterns that will improve the availability, reliability, efficiency, observability, and performance of products while also driving consistency in monitoring and operations at scale.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years' professional software development experience in any two of the following areas: Web and API development (.NET stack), UI technologies (React/Angular, node.js, etc.), Microsoft Azure/any other cloud platform, Dynamics 365/Power Platform.
- 2+ years' experience building and shipping production grade software or services.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience using agile methodologies and/or test-driven development (TDD).
- Ability to incorporate and understand the needs of our diverse customer base, including customers using assistive technology
Software Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#COICareers#COIEngCareers#COIE_DPXEcareersMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.